Welcome to the blog devoted to Food and Family. Feel free to post your favorite recipes to share.

Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nesha’s Mexican Salad

Mixed greens (Salad)
2 Chicken breasts
1 Avocado
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
3 tomatoes (chopped)
shredded cheese
tortilla chips kind of crunched (on top)


For the chicken, I just cook it fajita style with whatever fajita seasoning pack is on sale. I also add vanilla when I saute' the onion.

For the avocado I cube it into like centimeter squares. (or smaller) then I stir in some guacamole seasoning and lemon juice.

For the tomatos I like to cut into small cubes, and I like to mix the tomato cubes with chopped fresh cilantro and finely chopped onion.

Then you just layer it in the bowl. The order doesn't really matter. I don't use any dressing. When you eat it, the avocado takes care of the need for dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment